The LT-3100 Iridium Communications System is a maritime satellite communication product from Lars Thrane A/S. The LT-3100 system is designed for the professional market (deep sea, fishing, and workboats), but can be used for the leisure market as well. The LT-3100 system meets all standards and certification requirements needed for worldwide maritime satellite communication equipment.
The LT-3100 system has voice and data capabilities with 100% global coverage. The LT-3100 system consist of a control unit, handset unit, and antenna unit. A single cable coaxial connects the control unit with the antenna unit. Using a standard coaxial cable, up to 500 meters of separation between the units can be obtained, giving freedom to mount the antenna in the best possible location, with free line of sight to the satellites.
The LT-3100 system can be used as the primary satellite communication product on vessels, covering the basic communication needs in terms of connectivity between the ship and shore. In addition, the LT-3100 system can be used for crew calling or as a back-up satellite communication product. The LT-3100 system provides voice, SMS, data, vessel tracking, and other Iridium services with competitive airtime rates.
- Voice, SMS, Data, and Vessel tracking
- 2.4 Kbit/s and 10 Kbit/s compressed data
- Programmable softkeys for e.g. Emergency Service
- Single antenna cable solution (up to 500 m)
- High-performance GNSS/GPS receiver
- Noise-canceling microphone and equalizer for improved audio quality
- Bluetooth interface supporting voice, SMS, and data
- Large 4.3” TFT display supporting day and night modes
- Voice prompt audio feedback
- Firewall and user authentication for high level of security
- Webserver for configuration and maintenance
- Support external LAN Wi-Fi Access Points
- Support external SIP PABX and SIP handsets
- Connectivity of Smartphones, Softphones, and Apps