What is iCSA?
Integrated Communications and Situational Awareness is the seamless unification of radio and IP communications between disparate networks and devices across wide areas of terrain (beyond the line of sight).
Government organisations’ today are challenged with finding the most cost effective solutions that utilise existing investments (for example existing radio and push-to-talk technologies) that can complement new technology and increase capabilities.
Situational awareness of personnel, vehicles, ships and airborne transport; defence units, emergency services and local government organisations, is critical to meeting today’s needs, when terrorism is on our door step and is as big a threat as the theatre of war.
Unification of communications and operation control centres is an important part of the iCSA capability which recognises the need for:
- One to One communications
- One to Group communications
- One to ALL communications
iCSA enables transmissions across wide terrains and multiple groups, with equipment ranging from radios and IP, to cell/mobile phones and more.
How does iCSA work?
- Firstly we add some sophisticated hardware to integrate and cross-connect audio (radio relay)
- Secondly we add intelligent software that can control and route these digital audio streams
- Thirdly we add end-user applications that allow smart phones, tablets and computers to interact with the digital audio streams and radio networks