The IP Handset is used for making phone calls over an IP based network; it is designed specifically for use in harsh environments and is dust proof and splash proof. Where supported it is powered via Power over Ethernet, otherwise a power injector may be required.
The user interface also provides direct access to certain features of a connected BGAN terminal. When used with a BGAN terminal and a SAILOR 3771 Alarm Panel, the IP Handset can be used as a designated handset for Voice Distress and urgency calls.
The IP Handset offers the following features*:
• Plain voice communication over Internet or IP based network
• Start and stop IP data connections in a connected BGAN terminal
• Contacts list with up to 100 entries
• Intuitive user interface and menu system
• Built-in web server
• High quality colour display QVGA with night colours
• Rugged but elegant design
• Splash proof and dust proof
• Connectivity to Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) terminal
• BGAN menu to display BGAN terminal type, GPS position and more
• Display of critical alarms from the BGAN terminal
• Use as Distress IP Handset together with BGAN terminal and SAILOR 3771 Alarm Panel
* Not all features are available if used with Cobham Sailor 4300 Certus terminal.
NOTE: If used with Cobham Sailor 4300. The Thrane IP Handset requires a Power over Ethernet injector, such as the one stocked by AST (see Ubiquiti POE Power Adaptor POE-54V-80W)
More information here: https://sync.cobham.com/satcom/products/accessories/accessories-kits/thrane-ip-handset-incl.-cradle%2c-wired/c-24/c-248/p-135