Iridium Extreme PTT (Push-to-Talk) makes the power of fast, simple and secure group communication available on the toughest, most feature-rich satellite phone on the market — all at the push of a button.
Iridium Extreme PTT Capabilities
- Global: Works pole-to-pole where you need it
- Mobile: Fully integrated for on-the-move, handheld use
- Fast: Call set-up & inter-call performance in-line with traditional solutions
- Simple: Automatic programming & registration with easy-to-use menu navigation
- Adaptable: Use on-foot, in-vehicle, or in-building with available accessories
- Secure: Push-to-Talk communications are kept private with AES 256 encryption
Built for Push-To-Talk
For team communications, the Iridium Extreme® PTT is ruggedly engineered to support high-intensity users in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. Enhanced with an intelligently designed Push-to-Talk mode, expanded loudspeaker, reinforced PTT button, and extended capacity battery, the Iridium Extreme® PTT takes reliable, global communications to the next level.
The intuitive, user interface provides quick access to multiple communication services including voice calling, SMS, and SOS in phone mode and PTT mode, allowing you to connect with your team instantly and securely, anywhere on the planet.
Unlike previous systems that are limited to use in vehicles or can only be used for handheld applications, the Iridium Extreme® PTT is truly flexible to support every communication environment. Versatile accessories including shoulder-mounted carrying cases, docking stations and external antennas ensure critical communications can be maintained in any situation – on foot, in-vehicle or inside buildings.
Only Iridium can deliver push-to-talk the way it was meant to be – fast, simple, and adaptable to evolving situations with the power of Iridium’s global satellite network.
In PTT mode, teams have access to unparalleled situation awareness and control features users will expect, with added capabilities including:
- Automatic registration
- Over-the-air talkgroup programming
- Dynamic talkgroup selection and monitoring
- Device talker ID
- Device talker distance and bearing
- Visual and audio talkgroup scan
Using Iridium enabling your teams to communicate instantly where they need it without the expense and limitations of traditional ground-based towers and repeaters.
Coverage areas, device security, and talkgroup configuration can all be adjusted over-the-air as needed by administrators using the web-based Iridium Push-to-Talk (PTT) Command Centre tool, simplifying support and maintenance of devices deployed in the field.
Versatile Communications at the Push of a Button