Operations & Project Manager - Europe
Closing date: 06th July 2019
As part of the expansion of our marine direct sales division, we have a requirement for a project/operations manager who will be focused on developing sales opportunities and will have responsibility for delivering those communication solutions. Once achieved each multiple sale of connectivity will need adapting and changing to meet the customer’s needs.
Each sat-comms solution into the marine market is bespoke and often complex, requiring careful and coordinated project management skills. Our intention is always to provide the best available solution to the end user customer and develop long term commercial relationships. Project management skills will be paramount to ensure we deliver quality, cost effective, best fit solutions over time.
The role will also focus on the development of our group VSAT technical organisation (AST Marine Networks) including standards, processes, installation and engineering practices. AST Marine Network is the centre for excellence for VSAT and Maritime services for the AST Group and this role will develop and expand our services, firstly from our UK office and then throughout the group of companies, initially with a specific focus on our Rotterdam and Singapore offices.
The role will also focus on supporting VSAT solution sales to include L band, and Value-Added Services (VAS). There will be a specific focus on VSAT sales and AST’s own VAS such as INTEGRA, INTEGRA Control and INTEGRA Edge technologies. The introduction of new Certus services from Iridium will be pivotal in expanding our L-band service and you will need to help drive this important initiative as it develops.
- Working in a small, sales driven team
- Presales support for the AMN sales team
- Manage all solution sales including presales, logistics and installation
- Assist the Network Operations Team at AMN and liaise with 24/7 support centre in GY
- Provide regular project data to account managers
- Present project plans and project management of customers accounts
- Prepare quarterly analysis of customers and project data to management and customers. Develop strong relationships with maritime customers in target sectors
- Maintaining customer contact to ensure each IT project sale is managed for the long term
- To be customer focused with significant time spent in front of customers
- Involved in all aspect of the sales cycle from lead generation to solution delivery and customer payment
- Assist with plans to develop new market geographies or sectors
- Flexible and innovative sales approach
- Organised and methodical with project management disciplines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong commercial acumen and can-do approach
- Confident and knowledgeable with strong technical bias
- A desire to keep up to date with technology developments
- The ability to manage teams locally and remotely
The role will require regular travel with a specific focus in Europe. International travel outside of Europe may be required on an infrequent basis.
Hours of work
For the purposes of the European working directive hours in this role will be unregulated but will never exceed 48 hours per week. however normal hours of work will be a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
Your main place of work will be at AST Marine Networks in Bawburgh, Norwich but you will be required to visit the office in Great Yarmouth on a regular basis. You may also be required to visit and work from AST Group global offices including Netherlands, Singapore, Australia and USA or as required.
If this opportunity would suit you, please apply enclosing a full CV and covering letter to:
Applied Satellite Technology Ltd,
Unit 5 Lodge Farm Barns, Bawburgh, Norfolk NR9 3LZ
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and Debbie.email@example.com
Closing date 6th July
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be prepared to be based in the Norwich office.