We've got an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to manage AST's product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities with a view to maximise profit and grow market share. Working closely with the Marketing, Product Development, Customer Services and Sales teams, the Product Manager will deliver products/services that align with AST’s vision and meet market needs and will be responsible for product planning, delivery and marketing throughout the product lifecycle.
Applied Satellite Technology Ltd
21st February 2020
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Develop a vision and roadmap for the products/services based on input from internal stakeholders, voice of customer, market sector research and industry insight.
- Write business cases as part of the NPD/NPI process for investments and gain internal approval.
- Gather voice of customer input for product development and document products/services requirements.
- Collate feedback from sales, customer services and customers to monitor, report and improve products/services performance
- Be the recognised expert in the business on the product, the market, relevant technology and the competition.
- Commission market and competitor research as required.
- Propose a product marketing plan and develop core positioning and messaging for the products/services.
- Identify the key benefits and value of products and assist in creating and maintaining marketing collaterals.
- Run trials, develop and deliver go to market launch plans
- Capture products/services portfolio successes through case studies and customer testimonials
- Put programmes in place that ensure staff worldwide, specifically direct and indirect sales channels have in-depth understanding of the products/services’ features and benefits. Provide the necessary products/services sales ensuring staff are able to offer professional customer demonstrations, workshops, seminars.
- Ensure successful products/services launches on a worldwide basis providing comprehensive sales and marketing tool kit including website updates, product training materials and sales training.
Qualifications and skills:
Education / Qualifications:
Educated to Degree level or equivalent
Marketing experience across the full mix of activities
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
Knowledge of data communication, satellite communication, IT solutions
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Strong analytical skills
Can-do and action-oriented attitude
Good project management - delivers well and on time
A team player
Indicative Performance Measures
- Achievement of annual budget
- Sector market share growth
- Effective successful product launches.
- Maintaining accurate market data
- 3-year Product roadmap
Only applicants eligible to work in the UK should apply. No agencies.
Please apply in writing enclosing a full CV with current salary details to: Frederique Gerard, Applied Satellite Technology Ltd, Satellite House, Bessemer Way, Harfrey’s Industrial Estate, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 0LX