We're seeking a Business Development Executive - Energy to join our growing business, based in our UK office the role focuses on discovering opportunities within the Oil & Gas service industry for remote connectivity solutions.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) - Energy will find opportunities within the Oil & Gas service industry to deliver solutions to enable customers to benefit from reduced manning levels, minimise HSE risk, provide real-time data and lower costs. AST Systems achieves this by delivering technology to enable remote operations.
The role of BDE – Energy will require the equivalent of at least 5 years of experience in a technical role, based within the O&G services sector, ideally with experience in remote operations or systems engineering (network focused). The ideal person will have technical experience with the willingness to learn and develop sales skills.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the BDE will be required to find and grow new business with oilfield service providers, production companies and other potential customers within the sector.
The expectation is that sales will be project or solution-based. The BDE will be expected to capture customer requirements and work with all stakeholders to develop detailed technical and commercial proposals. Support will be provided. The BDE will need to build and maintain customer relationships and respond to queries. They will be expected to keep up to date with new products and services, in order that they can advise our customers of the same.
Within this role there are further duties including, supporting the process of responding to tenders, keeping the CRM system up to date with sales activity, following up on sales leads, and other sales-related tasks.
There may also be a need to support external sales activity including:
In order to fulfil the role to the required standard, the role holder will:
- Investigate possible customers and make initial contacts
- Identify and win new business in the oil and gas sector
- Win large (£100k+), long term (2yr +) project solution sales
- Manage and build new customer relationships
- Understand the oil and gas sector and how AST Systems can support key players in the field
- Follow up sales leads and manage the sales process
- Keep the CRM system up to date
- Update our customers about new products and services
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Research and secure suitable customers within the O&G sector as agreed with the Sales Manager
- Meet and exceed customer expectation for service
- Work with international customers
- Meet or exceed targets for revenue from targeted customers
- Specifically target project solution sales
- Be able to negotiate with customers
- Understand and manage sales contracts
- Follow up and maintain customer relations post project delivery
- Write or contribute to tenders, bids and renewals of contracts
- Work on multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the projects are delivered to the customer’s expectation
- Work to the Company ISO standard operating framework for sales and delivery follows required procedures
- Be involved in and actively contribute to the continuous improvement cycle
- Write, or peer review, operational requirements or other corporate material
- Well organised and always works with, and to, deadlines
The post holder is responsible for fostering good relations with all stakeholders in and outside the organisation
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and wants to learn, either hands-on or via continuous professional development
- The role demands a high level of social skill and cultural awareness
- It is the post holder’s responsibility to be a professional ambassador for AST Systems and the AST Group
- The postholder has to work well within a busy team
- Excellent communication both verbally, non-verbally and in writing/presentations
- Ability to draft reports with technical content in a clear and understandable way to non-technical audiences
- Experienced in creating and delivering business proposals and options via different platforms from presenting face to face and via remote comms.
- Experienced in working as part of a multi-functional and multi-site team
- Experience in selling and delivering solutions and technical projects – either as a lead or senior team member
- Proven track record of delivering commercial targets on margin, profit as well as project value
- Minimum of the equivalent of 5 years demonstrable technical experience in the O&G sector with FPSO experience a definite advantage
- Good understanding of remote operations
- Preference will be to understand IP networks
- Broad knowledge/experience of other technical services/solutions e.g. video, software, radio, cellular, satellite would be an advantage
- HNC / NVQ 3 or equivalent in a technical or telecommunication discipline
- A desirable qualification will be an HND / Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or telecommunication discipline. Consideration may be given to experience above qualifications, but the individual must be able to clearly articulate their previous experience in the delivery of technical solutions
- Experience of CRM systems, and using to a high level the Microsoft Office 365 suite of software and Outlook
If you are interested in breaking out of the mould by working in a niche market within the Oil & Gas service sector, then please write to, with your full career details to date, successes, salary expectations and references to:
Pauline Truckle - Managing Director at AST Systems Ltd
Closing date: 12 March 2021 – NO AGENCIES